Following two online workshops and a panel at the UACES Annual Conference in September 2021, this new event of the UACES Research Network « The Role of Europe in Global Challenges: Climate Change and Sustainable Development » will adopt a hybrid format with participants at ESSCA, Angers and online.
Several publications have already emerged from this network, and further publications in the form of special issues or edited volumes are planned for the new contributions.
The objective of the conference is to analyse the dynamic of European integration in the fields of sustainability policy and action. Questions will be asked about the extent to which a ‘narrowing’ in the definition of the concept of sustainability has taken place, as seen through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals and in the response of the European Union and European nations in particular. The European Union is portrayed as a global actor in the development of Sustainability Policy. A key question to be addressed is to what extent international perceptions meet realities ‘at home’ and the extent to which a European model of sustainability has emerged.
Four panels will address the following topics:
- Energy and sustainability: an integration puzzle
- Interacting with communities
- Sustainability as a political challenge
- EU policies and technologies
On Monday, 13 June 22, 16:15-18:15 CET, we will host a session on funding.
How to structure funding applications?
Jean Monnet, Horizon Europe, mid-sized funding, … join this session to learn about setting up and managing European research projects.
• Johanna DROUET, George CONRAD-KUTASHVILI, CAP Europe – University of Angers, Funding opportunities
• Prof. Simon SCHUNZ, College of Europe, Bruges, European Commission¬¬¬ Funding
• Prof. Amelia HADFIELD, Head of Department of Politics, University of Surrey, Intervention about Jean Monnet Actions & Horizon Europe
• Prof. Richard BULL, Nottingham Trent University, Research groups funding application
If you would like to join this conference in person, please send an email to email@example.com and indicate which session(s) you would like to attend.
Otherwise, you can join the conference via TEAMS.
You can find more informations about those events on the EU*Asia Institute website.