Date: Monday, 14 – Tuesday, 15 June 2022
Convenors: EU*Asia Institute at ESSCA School of Management
Venue: ESSCA School of Management, Angers (Loire Valley, France) & Online
The EU*Asia Institute from ESSCA School of Management is looking for contributions from scholars and practitioners in the field of sustainable development research, encompassing all its dimensions – economic, and social and environmental sustainability. The objective of the conference is to analyse the dynamic of European integration in the fields of sustainability policy and action. Questions will be posed about the extent to which a ‘narrowing’ in the definition of the concept of sustainability has taken place, as seen through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals and in the response of the European Union and European nations in particular. The European Union is portrayed as a global actor in the development of Sustainability Policy. A key question to be addressed is to what extent international perceptions meet realities ‘at home’ and the extent to which a European model of sustainability has emerged.
This conference will look particularly at the impact of sustainability policies on the European integration process as well as the EU as an environmental leader in the world.
Contributions should address one of the following themes:
- Evolution of a European environmental conscience
- Repercussions of energy and environmental policy for the Integration dynamics of the EU.
- European social policies, such as redistribution mechanisms with the objective of sustainable development.
- New economic models, such as the evolution of the European social business initiative
- General analysis of the political agenda of the EU with regard to environment and energy issues, sustainable business models and approaches to social policies.
Please send an abstract of 150-200 words, your name, institutional affiliation and contact details to Professors Thomas Hoerber (Thomas.Hoerber@essca.fr), Rosa Fernandez (Rosa.Fernandez-Martin@warwick.ac.uk) and to Dr Jonas Schönefeld (email@example.com)
Deadline for paper proposals: Friday 11 March 2022
Applicants will be notified by Friday 25 March 2022.
There are no registration fees for this workshop. Venue, lunch and coffee breaks will be covered by UACES/ESSCA. Some travel funding may be available for young, early-career researchers.