The Institute for European and Global Studies brings together:
– 80 teacher-researchers,
– from 20 laboratories,
– and 4 institutions, the University of Nantes, the University of Angers, the University of Le Mans and ESSCA, a management school in Angers, which are members of a scientific interest group.
It favours a clearly interdisciplinary ambition, an international outlook, teaching methods open to research, and strong links with civil society and the socio-economic world.
An INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH NETWORK inserted in international networks, to study Europe in a time of multiple transitions and faced with the major challenges of the contemporary world which require placing citizens and individuals at the heart of the European project and European policies, as major factors in these transitions; looking more particularly at local and regional territories, places of expression and places where Europeans live.
AN EDUCATION OFFER from the three universities, concerning Europe and the international dimension of Europe, from bachelor’s to doctorate level, bringing together nearly 700 students in Pays de la Loire.
– European bachelor’s degrees
– 15 master’s degree specialities grouped into four areas (law; economy; history, politics and societies; cultural studies).
– A doctoral seminar on Europe organised every year
A POLE OF INNOVATION recognised for its new approaches to Europe’s major challenges
– Joint research with civil society and the socio-economic world,
– Professoral chairs,
– Innovative training courses.