Alliance Europa is particularly attached to the international ambition of the training programs. 3 main objectives have been defined:
- Guarantee access to international mobility for all students
- Welcome more foreign students
- Offer education options that are open to international opportunities
To meet these objectives, a few different actions have been set up.
Teaching in English
Several programmes already offer courses in English, but these offerings must be further developed to allow more foreign students to come study in the region.
With this in mind, Alliance Europa and the University Service of Languages (Service Universitaire des Langues) of the University of Nantes organized an EMI (English as a medium of instruction) training. Around ten academic lecturers and professors from the universities of Nantes and Angers attended. The objectives were as follows:
- Facilitate and improve public speaking skills in the target language based on realistic role-plays (short presentations of the courses in English);
- Tend to one's weaker points in English in a personalised way (correcting grammar, syntax...);
- Know how to attract and keep an audience's attention;
- Think about better teaching and learning practices in the particular field of study and in the target language;
- Acquire analytical and adaptive skills in the context of the CLIL Matrix;
- Acquire/consolidate skills to enrich and improve the pedagogical resources similar to the CLIL Matrix used by teachers in classes and during exams.
Many pre-existing partnerships allow students from Nantes, Angers and Le Mans to study abroad, either in the context of an Erasmus+ convention, or in the context of double-diploma bilateral agreements.
Double Diplomas (education programs that signed the Alliance Europa charter with set objectives)
- In Nantes:
- In Angers:
- At Le Mans:
Before 2020, other degrees will be supported by Alliance Europa in an effort to set up other double diplomas and joint master's programs.